This week begins Fall Follies evening rehearsals. This schedule was sent home during the first week of school and any conflicts should have been resolved by this week.
A reminder of this week's schedule:
Monday 11/9, 6:30pm - A Cappella Singers
Tuesday 11/10, 6:30pm - Swing Choir
Wednesday 11/11, 6:30pm - ALL CHOIRS (choirs will be dismissed as they are finished - specific time blocks for each choir will be announced this week)
Thursday, 11/12, 6:30pm - Follies Cast A (1st hour, 3rd hour, Bel Canto, Swing Choir, A Cappella) - All choir members should plan to stay for the entire rehearsal!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Below are the costumes for this year's Fall Follies. There is no need to spend a lot of money on your costume. Youo may use inexpensive options like shopping at thrift stores and borrowing clothes from friends/family.
Beginning Mixed Choir:
Beginning Mixed Choir:
- Best Years of Our Lives: Hawaiian/Caribbean - board shorts, grass skirts, luau wear, leis, surfer wear, flip-flips/sandals, no bathing suits, please!
- ABC: Tie-dyed shirt and jeans with athletic shoes
- Greased Lightning: 50s wear (view "Grease for costume ideas); guys - jeans, white tshirt with sleeves rolled up, black leather jacket if you have it, sneaker or black shoes; girls - poodle skirt, Capri pants, button-down sweater or blouse, scarf around neck or in hair, hair in ponytail if long enough, shoes that match
- Eye of the Tiger: "boxing" wear - boxing or basketball shorts, white tank top or t-shirt (school-appropriate - please no spaghetti straps), headband/wristbands, athletic shoes, hands taped if you want
- Sit Down, You're Rockin the Boat: Black and red dressy combo, black dress or dance shoes
- I Want You Back: School-appropriate 70s discowear (watch "Saturday Night Fever" for ideas); guys - button-down shirt with big collar, bell-bottom pants, leisure suits, girls - bell bottoms, platforms you can dance in, halter/sparkly/loud print shirt, big jewelry
- Nine to Five: "professional secretary": pencil skirts, button-down shirts, dress pants, vests, blazers, hair pulled back, jackets, glasses
- Orinoco Flow: black jazz/yoga pants, black short-sleeved fitted shirt, black dance-appropriate shoe, fabric (department will provide)
- Pocketful of Sunshine: yellow or orange t-shirt, jeans, athletic shoes, sunflower in hair (department will provide)
- Cary-Grove spirit wear in school colors (navy blue, gray, white) OR athletic uniform, jeans, gym shoes
Posted by KH at 10:03 AM